Pay less for your Passport and Seaman’s book

For new graduates listen up! Do you know what you should have first in order to apply for a job? Passport and Seaman’s book are the two basic documents that you should have. Don’t settle for fixers just to obtain your seaman’s book and Passport. I’ll give you a little tour on what and where you should go in order to have a passport and seaman’s book.

First thing you should have is your Transcript of records and S.O. You must have a NBI Clearance with Visa Seaman. Sets of pictures (1 x 1, 2 x 2, passport size, etc.) it is a good practice to bring your latest pictures to reduce your time looking for a rush photographs, your N.S.O. Authenticated birth certificate, and the training requirements for seaman’s book which are Basic Safety Training and PSSR.

I think that’s about it, I hope I didn’t forget anything. But anyway I’ve provided the link that you can use for a more detailed explanation about it. You can also check the “Link” menu for different Government agencies that can be useful for you.

For your one “stop shop”, you can visit POEA and you can find everything there. You can file your application there with less hassle, because all of the government agencies I have mentioned are in there. Just fall in line and complete your requirements. By the way the website for MARINA is not working, but their office is now located at Masagana Supermarket Bldg. at UN Avenue. I’ll also be making a series of posts/articles regarding Maritime Training Center of the Philippines and Philippine Shipping Directories. Keep posting your comments and suggestions if you have any. Have a good day.

Other Related Topics:

• Passport Services for OFW’s at DFA Satellite Office in POEA
  • Step by step procedure in applying Machine Readable Passport

If you want to know more, subscribe below to get FREE email updates!

Powered by Subscribers Magnet

• Anthony February 21, 2009 at 1:21 am

Hi
    Have you got any info for me?
    I’m from South Africa, and are a qualified electrician,
    I work in the Middle East; I want to get my seaman’s logbook, where can I get training to obtain that?
    Thanks
    Anthony

• Jesi March 23, 2009 at 12:19 am

But if i don’t have Seaman’s book yet, have any other option there ?

• Juvy A. Cabonce March 24, 2009 at 3:13 am

Sir,i have a brother who is a Nautical graduate but until now he havent yet land for a job.He is now 31 years old.Is there still an oppurtunity for him to land a job?

• nautical_09_knotz April 22, 2009 at 6:57 pm

thankz 4 guiding i wish im come aboard on vessel

• FREDO May 12, 2009 at 3:17 pm

pano poba makakakuha ulit ng sea mans book , nawala po kasi yung akin. pls kindly help me. tnx……….

• Ryan F,Manlangit June 1, 2009 at 1:20 pm

Hi mam and sir panu po makakakuha ng seaman book hnd pa po ako na kakakuha ng seaman book

• Richard July 4, 2009 at 7:35 pm

Am interested to take a seaman passport, the problem am not a maritime seafarer graduate but i have the training already of Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training(BOSIET), Basic Safety Offshore, etc. Does the MARINA consider my trainings which i did not take in the philippines to apply the SEAMAN’S PASSPORT? And ano po ang PSSR?

• Arsenio Galicia August 2, 2009 at 12:33 pm

anu po ba ung requirements ng seamans book,im 31 na may pag asa pa bang mkasakay?cme graduate me

• ARNIEL ROYO September 23, 2009 at 8:51 pm

HOW CAN I RENEW MY EXPIRED SEAMANS BOOK AND PASSPORT?

• Joven November 22, 2009 at 11:21 am

Greetings!!!
    Just want to know the requirements and procedures in applying for a seaman’s book and what are the location of those training school. Thank you so much for your help.

• alejo November 23, 2009 at 11:26 pm

gud pm.. how many workings days it takes to release a seamans book? urgent need.

• MILDAN April 22, 2010 at 2:27 pm

sir!
    gusto ko mag training ng srcs sa barko paano po ako makapasok doon

• morris arlanza May 11, 2010 at 4:08 pm

Greetings!

just want to ask if how to get SOLAS training and seaman’s book. Thank you very much.

• morris arlanza May 11, 2010 at 4:13 pm

Good day!
    how to get SOLAS training and seaman’s book?.
    Thank you very much.

• philip May 25, 2010 at 6:40 am

sir papano pu ba makakuha ulet ng bagong seamans book kasi po ung akin nawala habang nasa cebu ako at nagaaply for apprenticem8t as electrician sa barko.

• ALLAN July 2, 2010 at 5:44 pm

sir/mam papano po kumuha ng seaman book at Solas kasi bgo lang po ako need ko na po ng requirements.

• JB August 17, 2010 at 7:58 pm

mam & sir pano po ba kumuha ng seaman book.tska san po ako mag aapply ng seaman book

• Cristina A. Pastor October 4, 2010 at 12:50 am

Hello,
    Sir,ma’am,pano po makakuha ng seaman book at training certifecate.Ano pong requirements pagmag aply ng seaman book,dhil wala po akong alan tungkol sa seaman.Ang gusto ko makakuha ng seaman book at training certifecate kase po mayroon na akong employer sa abroad kaya lang hiningian ako ng seaman book at training ng poea.gusto kung magtraining for basic only just to get the seaman ang certefecate.under graduate lang po ako,pero sabi ng sister ko kaya ko ang work kase small fishing lang,private fishing.

• jimi December 6, 2010 at 12:21 pm

sir maam paano po pag bago ng year of birth ng passport at seaman book ko. ano po ang requirments mali kc yong year of birth na nakalagay ngayon sa aking passport at seaman book ko, gusto ko ipareha sa aking nso na year of birth

• serafin marcelo December 8, 2010 at 3:44 am

nawala po ang aking seaman book ano ano po ba ang mga requirement pls paki sabi po ng makapag basta po ng lahat ng kailangan

• rolly c. amante December 27, 2010 at 6:51 pm

hello,
    ma’am/sir, mgtetraining po ba ulit ako ng SOLAS at PSSR ? makalipas ang sampung taon.

• rolly c. amante December 27, 2010 at 6:59 pm

HOW CAN I RENEW MY EXPIRED SOLAS and PSSR?

• Alfredo Arcilla Jr January 26, 2011 at 10:42 am

Hi.. I want to know if I can get a seaman book,I am a nursing graduate,My concern is do I need to attend seminars before I can get seaman book,if I have to, then what are those? Please answer this message,Thanks..

• chris February 13, 2011 at 10:39 am

@Alfredo Arcilla Jr

Yes, you must attend the basic training needed to obtain your SIRB (Seafarers Identification Record Book).

• daniel July 17, 2011 at 1:33 pm

what are the requirements for seamans book!!!and also what are the rquirements for basic safety training and seamans registration book!!! thanks…

• daniel July 17, 2011 at 1:36 pm

wanted to attend in training institute but i don’t have an idea about the full details of the requirements.
    many thanks…..

• daniel July 17, 2011 at 1:39 pm

opps and 1 more what is PSSR!!

• MARIO F.CABBAB September 5, 2011 at 7:25 am

Hi sir/madam,good day po tatanungin ko po sana kung ano po ang dapat kung gawin kc po nag expired no ung seaman’s book ko 6 years ago ano po ang gagawin ko para makakuha ako ulit ng seaman’s book.

• faheem salahuddin September 8, 2011 at 12:17 am

it takes to release a seamans book? urgent need how many workings days it takes to release a seamans book? urgent need

• ermie bariguez October 7, 2011 at 10:03 pm

where is the office of MARINA here in ILOILO? and what are the requirments?

• mark November 12, 2011 at 12:36 pm

what PSSR mean?

• jenelsalmasan January 7, 2012 at 4:14 am

sir.madam baka po pwede nyo akong matulungan na maka sampa at maka pag trabho sa barko at para matulungan kopo ang aking family kaso po d2 po ako ngaun sa abroad toyota mechanik kaso mababa lang ang sahod kulang na kulang ako lang po ang ina asahan salamat po sir sana matulunagan nyo ako GODBLESS

• Larry January 26, 2012 at 10:48 am

Sir/Madam, Gud am, I want to apply a seaman book, how much nman po.

• Larry January 26, 2012 at 10:53 am

I’m asking lang po, i’m 45 years old my pag asa p b akong makasakay? I am applying sana as a mesman, bukod po sa training ng mesman at sa solas ano po ba ang kulang ko pa doon? Pls. reply asap. tnx

• mar moguies January 26, 2012 at 3:49 pm

how can i renew my expired basic safety and seaman’s book?please send me a guidelines……………

• Emmanuel Perez February 7, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Hi! Good day, i would like to ask lang something, i’m 28 years old graduate of Mechanical Engineering and presently working as a Project in-Charge. Now i decided to work in a vessel (oil/tanker etc) but the problem is im not a duly licensed mecahnical engineer, is there any possibilty for me to work as a seaman?

Thanks and more power

• randy tongco April 16, 2012 at 9:32 am

ano po ba ang mga kelangang requirements sa pagkuha ng seaman’s book at solas???
    how much cost it will take???

• kea June 2, 2012 at 8:19 pm

what if i dont have the pssr? is bst certficate is enough? Thanks!

• christian lim August 2, 2012 at 11:34 am

tnx sir! c=

• sjb August 6, 2012 at 2:16 am

just want to ask …can a foreign citizen apply for a seaman’s book here in the phililppines when his trainings for bts and others are obtained here?
    what are the requirements ..thanks

• myriel_b September 13, 2012 at 2:05 pm

salamat po sa magandang impormasyon
    pro ilang araw po ba bago ang seaman’s book

• myriel_b September 13, 2012 at 2:08 pm

bago makuha ang seaman’s book

• john March 13, 2013 at 8:32 pm

im john in south africa im originally from tanzania, i want to know the process of getting a seamans book here in cape town, in short do i need to have a working permit? Although i dont want to work in south africa, please help me out,

• ronald April 2, 2013 at 6:28 pm

na lost po ang training certificates ko, paano po ba makakakuha ng bagong certificates o duplicate copy don sa training center mismo kung saan ako nagtrainig kung yong training center ay hindi na po nag-ooperate.?

Thanks and more power!!

• chris

chris April 7, 2013 at 1:00 pm

Malamang pakukuhain ka nila uli ng bagong training. Kasi sarado na ang training center na pinagkunan mo.

• jenner valencia April 8, 2013 at 7:41 pm

tengo caducadio mi seaman book,¿como hago para renovarlo? ahora vivo en barcelona,españa…gracias

• alvin April 25, 2013 at 12:00 am

sir, im alvin 21, i want to have a seamans book but im n0t a gruadute of any c0urses related to diz requirements, insteed im a 2years regular co0k of ch0wking..what requirements do i need t0 have.. tnx

• christian` May 12, 2013 at 9:53 am

pano po ba makakakuha ng seamans book… nawala ko po kc ung resibo ng solas ko… ayos lng po ba yon?…..

• Wildcats 9 September 21, 2013 at 1:39 am

Is there any location beside manila were can i renew my seamans book?

• Jan Carlo November 1, 2013 at 2:38 am

i took a similar course about Solas here in brunei
    and wish to take seafarers book to work in vessels outside asia
    would it be easier for me to take seafarers book if i present the certificates and ship testimoniald i gained here at work?
    because i worked here at ships
    but not a marine course graduate
    i wish to take seafarers book to secure my work outside asia
    thanks to all who can provide guides and ideas.
    and goodluck to all fellows who wish to take one as well